With so many financial websites offering stock quotes these days I wanted to know which one really offered detailed stock quotes and market data that I cared about.
My search for the best stock quote site took me on a journey through hundreds of stock market websites. What I found is that all were not created equally. Some offered financial news, some offered market updates, some offered a little bit of both or none of any.
When folks want current stock market data they want it quickly and without any hassle getting to it.
What I'm looking for in the best financial, business and stock market website all in one.
- Stock Quotes for free with historical data
- A search box for quotes on every page.
- Market summary: with graphs and charts
- The most current business and stock market news with several articles
- The best stock market website needs to have a nice forum so the community can communicate.
- Portfolio technology: I want my own private portfolio that I can put my stock picks into and watch.
- Security: Any financial website better be secure with an SSL certificate.
- Support: if I have a problem I want to be able to get help.
- Free: I want all my financial tools, news and stock market data for free. I'm visiting this stock market site to make money not spend it for their information or so they can build a website and charge folks. Free baby free.
I've almost always rooted for the underdog and in this search for financial freedom an underdog became a true champion against other big financial sites like wsj.com, finance.yahoo.com and others.
Also might I add that since this article was first written that the site I mentioned has now moved ahead of much of the big competition online and is truly showing it's ability to lead the way in business, financial, investing and stock market information.